GOdroid is an Android application to play the strategic board game Go against the GPL Go engine GNU Go. It contains a Go board UI and minor changes to GNU Go. This site contains the sources for the UI and the (few) changes to the GNU Go sources.
Translations contributed by
- Chinese: Jean Lea and Kid Wong
- Russian: Шмойлов Валерий
- Danish and Norwegian: Michael Berthelsen
- Polish: Piotr Goliasz
- Finnish: Daniel Landau
- Romanian: Mircea Damian
- Spanish: Pol Urós Guardiola
- Portuguese (Brazil): Igor Costa
- Italian: Alessio Gerola
- Hungarian: Téglás Zoltán, review: András Oláh
- French: Laurent L
Volunteers for providing additional translations are very welcome - it's easy, just fill out a google docs/drive spreadsheet.
- Play against human or computer opponent
- Choose from one of ten AI strengths
- Different board sizes
- Adjustable handicap and Komi
- Japanese and Chinese scoring rules
- One-touch board zoom
- Support of move variations
- Unlimited undo/redo of moves
- Highlighting of last three moves
- Visualization of opponents final territory
- Auto save/load current game
- Save/load games (sgf format); full game history is included
Thanks for Godroid, it's great!
Since you actually cannot subsitute a human player, godroid is the the next best thing for the up to 8-12 kyu (strength of the GnuGO engine) player with a smart phone and some time to burn. The casual players or the beginners have to take some hard losses, though :-) I tested it on a Sony Xperia S. The GUI is very intuitive and playable even without keys. The graphics is superb. It has no silly permission requests. The only things to wish for I found after about 4h of playing are: - Option to calculate terrain (or score) in middle of session - New Game button directly on end score display (to get a revenge) (And then, maybe I haven't found them yet) All in all: A must have game for Go lovers and those who like to try the game.
The move input is perfect, the game engine is integrated very well. But...without a means of game review, it's useless for playing against another person. No way to reveiw afterwards! Also, it's a bit disingenuous, to say games are stored in sgf format, when there are no move listings? Even when viewed with an sgf viewer, no moves? FAIL. That is not sgf! Fix the problem, you could charge five dollars for this, easy. The input is perfect.
Very good!! It's very useful for me to develop my skill.
My favorite Android app. Plays a very strong game for an AI. Very solid implementation keeps me on my toes.