GMES is a free finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) simulation Python package developed at GIST to model photonic devices. Its features include simulation in 1D, 2D, and 3D Cartesian coordinates, distributed memory parallelism on any system supporting the MPI standard, portable to any Unix-like system, variuos dispersive ε(ω) models, CPML absorbing boundaries and/or Bloch-periodic boundary conditions, and arbitrary material and source distributions.
GMES officially stands for GIST Maxwell’s Equations Solver.
- 1D, 2D, and 3D Cartesian coordinates.
- Distributed memory parallelism on any system supporting the MPI standard.
- Portable to any Unix-like system.
- Variuos dispersive ε(ω) models.
- (U,C)PML absorbing boundaries and/or Bloch-periodic boundary conditions.
- Arbitrary material and source distributions.
- Complete scriptability via a Python interface.
Be the first to post a review of GMES!