GloboNote is a free and easy to use desktop note taking application. It lets you create sticky notes, to-do lists, journals, reminders and other notes in one place. There are no limits to the number of sticky notes you can create. Notes can be organize by groups and search using the search tool. GloboNote can be run in any OS that has Java 6 installed.
- Platform Independent. Run on any OS that has Java 6 or higher installed
- Set Alarms. Remind yourself of important events. Set recurring alarm, play custom sound(*.wav, *.aiff or *.mp3)
- Create checklist. Insert checkboxes on note (Ctrl-Shift-C to create checkbox).
- Build-in Calculator. Enter the calculation in the note then press F2
- Organize notes in group. Display/Hide notes according to group
- Customize notes. Change color, font, behavior of your note
- Create note templates and load it using hotkeys(ALT-1 to ALT-8)
- Search Notes. Locate your notes using the search tool. Search while you are typing
- Hide/Show/Park note. Hide or Park unwanted note.
- Attach files on note then double click to launch it
- Attach images on notes. Paste image from clipboard to note
- URL Detection. Support hyperlink detection. Press Ctrl to activate it and click on the detected link to launch appropriate application.
- Find/Replace the content of the note
- Make note to always stay on top of other window
- Support for rich text editing with bold, italic, colour etc
- Roll Up/Down note with a single click
- Adjust transparency level of inactive note
Greate project, simple and powerfull :-)
Pretty good. Would rate it to top 10 of open source / freeware Note Apps. Recommended.
Doesn't work on Mac. Hmmm. Had high hopes. Installed properly, but after installed, nothing comes up, just a single menu item called "GloboNote" nothing else. Too bad.
The developer must be crazy! How can you make such an awesome sticky note program? And it's 100% free? Jam-packed with options for customization? You made my day! I love the hell out of this! Thanks!
I don't usually post reviews but when I discovered GloboNote I just had to make a comment. To summarize, it almost feels like the developer hacked my brain and created the ultimate sticky note software that I've been looking for. This application has all the features one could ask for but with a very polished approach. For me, the main strengths are: - Rich Text formatting including links, photos, etc. - Search as you type!!! - Color themes - The built-in calculator and check-box -- WOW! such a super idea - Alarm reminders!!! - Portable So far, the only downside is occasional performance issues and the search sometimes stops working. In both cases, restarting the applications gets up to speed again. The closest competitor would be Pnotes but its search is just horrible and it's not as straight-forward as GloboNote. Keep up the good work and hope to see new updates soon!!!