GISBox by Citiviz is a ready-to-use virtual appliance containing an assortment of powerful, free and open source GIS, Data Mining and Analysis, Modelling and Programming software and packages.
The pre-configured and tested GISBox allows you to try and use in few minutes a variety of software used by data scientists, engineers, physicists, mathematicians, geomatics engineers, and geographers from around the globe, without installing anything more than once the Oracle VirtualBox™ software (https://www.virtualbox.org/) on your Linux, Windows or Mac computer.
The GISBox is free and open, allowing it to be freely distributed, duplicated and passed around, even with your own datasets and in-house applications.
If you read this and are related to the Ecole polytechnique de Lausanne - EPFL (http://www.epfl.ch) in Switzerland, please use this link for downloading or support information: http://gisbox.epfl.ch.
Happy (geo)Data Hacking!
Brought to you by Citiviz' Builders
- QGIS - OpenSource GIS
- Grass - OpenSource GIS
- QtOctave - Graphical frontend to Octave
- Octave - High-level interactive language for numerical computations (similar to Matlab™)
- RStudio - Graphical frontend to R
- R - Language and environment for statistical computing and graphics
- LaTeXila - Integrated LaTeX environment
- Spyder - Python IDE with matlab-like features
- WEKA - A Java data mining package
- Postgis - Geographic Objects for PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL server
Be the first to post a review of GISBox by Citiviz!