gImageReader is a simple Gtk front-end to tesseract. Features include:
- Automatic page layout detection
- User can manually define and adjust recognition regions
- Import images from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots
- Supports multipage PDF documents
- Recognized text displayed directly next to the image
- Basic editing of output text, including search/replace and removing line breaks
- Spellchecking for output text (if corresponding dictionary installed)
- Open images and PDFs
- Acquire from scanner
- Select the part of the image to recognize
- Support for different recognition languages
- Side by side comparison of source image and output text
- Remove linebreaks in output text
- Supports tesseract 3.0
Fast, simple, great. But one important missing thing is the lack of option to save OCR on pdfs...
This is a wonderful piece of software that gets OCR right!
Great software, thank you.
Fast and simple.
One of the easiest apps to use