A graphical frontend to tesseract-ocr
gImageReader is a simple front-end to tesseract. Features include:
- Automatic page layout detection
- User can manually define and adjust recognition regions
- Import images from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots
- Supports multipage PDF documents
- Recognized text displayed directly next to the image
- Basic editing of output text, including search/replace and removing line breaks
- Spellchecking for output text (if corresponding dictionary installed)
**Note**: This page is only a mirror for the downloads. Development is happening on github at https://github.com/manisandro/gImageReader, release binaries are also posted there.
- Open images and PDFs
- Acquire from scanner
- Select the part of the image to recognize
- Support for different recognition languages
- Side by side comparison of source image and output text
- Remove linebreaks in output text
- Supports tesseract 3.0
tested on MS Windows versión, very nice, free and funtional
En la version anterior habían problemas, pero el soporte de Sandro fue genial!!! Me ayudó en cada momento, de manera rápida y precisa. Lo instalé en OpenSuse 13.1 y funciona de 10!!! Lo recomiendo, en linux, el mejor programa de este tipo (OCR) que me ha funcionado!
This program works wonderfully! The interface is fairly self-explanatory and it effortlessly and nearly faultlessly translated a 117 page PDF image scan of an out of print book I wanted to get on my Kindle. The only reason I give it four out of five stars is the fact that Norton caught the presence of a virus in the "uninstall" utility of the program. Norton labeled it "Trojan.ADH.X". Not sure why that was put there, and it doesn't inspire much confidence, but Norton caught it -- so please be up to date on your virus protection when you install this download. Other than that it worked perfectly and, as they say, the price was right.
My download included trojan adh.x 5:47 Sept.3rd '14
Fast, simple, great. But one important missing thing is the lack of option to save OCR on pdfs...