GeoWebCache 1.3-RC3 (2012-05-07)
This is the third release candidate of the 1.3 series, and hopefully the last one. So be prepared for the big 1.3.0 launch in the near future.
If you haven't upgraded yet from GeoWebCache 1.2.x, we encourage you to give 1.3-RC3 a try and report back any issue to the users mailing list.
- Added documentation on how to manage layers with the REST API.
- Added documentation on how to configure min/max cached zoom levels and pass-through to the backend WMS for the rest of the published zoom levels.
- Avoid reloading the whole configuration (twice) when a layer is added/changed through the REST API.
- Report back tile cache miss/hit, crs, gridset, and bounds as HTTP response headers. E.g.:
curl -v "http://localhost:8080/geowebcache/service/wms?LAYERS=.....
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< geowebcache-cache-result: HIT
< geowebcache-tile-index: [3, 5, 3]
< geowebcache-tile-bounds: -112.5,22.5,-90.0,45.0
< geowebcache-gridset: EPSG:4326
< geowebcache-crs: EPSG:4326
< Content-Type: image/gif
< Content-Length: 29083
- Various improvements to REST API to query and kill running tasks:
* Querying for the status of seed/truncate tasks returns an array sized by the actual number of submitted tasks instead of the thread pool capacity;
* Querying to /rest/seed.json returns the array of task status for all the layers, but querying to /rest/seed/.json returns only the submitted tasks for that specific layer;
* The returned array contains both running and pending tasks, with two extra bits of information: the task id and the status (pending, running, finished, or aborted);
* POST'ing to /rest/seed/ with the kill_all form parameter only kills tasks for that specific layer instead of for all layers;
* POST'ing to /rest/seed with the kill_all form parameter kills tasks for all layers;
* It is possible to specify whether to kill only the running tasks (previous behavior), pending tasks, or both running and pending.
- JDBC MetaStore can get NullPointerException inside H2 connection pool under concurrency.
- geowebcache_empty.xml template file is schema invalid in case of uncommenting.
- Error computing zoom level when truncating, metastore disabled, and gridset id not like <XXX_NNN>.
- Incompatibility in returned GetCapabilities document with WMS 1.1.1 DTD.
- Unable to run GeoWebCache with OpenJDK 6.
- Can't use two GridSets for the same CRS on a single layer.
- GWC_METASTORE_DISABLED parameter sometimes ignored.
- Layers mis-configured after adding a layer through the REST interface.