GENESIS (GEneral NEural SImulation System) is a software platform for the simulation of neural systems ranging from subcellular components and biochemical reactions to complex models of single neurons, large networks, and systems-level processes.
- Object oriented modeling paradigm facilitates:
- - modification, reuse, and exchange of models or model components
- - extension of simulator functionality by adding new classes or commands
- "hsolve" solver object allows fast implicit matrix methods and delivery of spike events, while preserving the illusion of separate objects
- From the outset GENESIS was designed for network modeling and parallelism
- Powerful scripting language allows custom-scripted simulation GUIs and specification of large network models with only a few lines of code.
Be the first to post a review of GENESIS Neural Simulator!