GCalc (this project) is a fork of GCalc (http://www.gcalc.net/ and https://github.com/jihokim/GCalc). Confusing? Yes. In short, the original GCalc is a Java-based graphing calculator, and this GCalc is a fork of the other GCalc based on source code taken from the GCalc-3.1-rc1.tar.gz tarball. So what differentiates this GCalc from the other GCalc? This version started off as an attempt to create a version more fully-featured than the source code version, and more open than the version hosted online. Because of that, it removes a pesky timeout feature from the source code version, while enabling all the plugins that are available. Enjoy!
The original source code can be found at http://www.gcalc.net/download. The new GCalc can be found at https://github.com/jihokim/GCalc
- No pesky timeout (present in the version from the official source code)
- All plugins are enabled by default (including a few that aren't enabled in the official online and source code versions)
- Slightly better-suited for standalone desktop usage, particularly on Linux
- Source code includes build scripts to ease compilation; again, particularly on Linux (the official source code doesn't offer any build scripts at all)
- Free and open-source. Who wouldn't want that? ;-)