Plot package for GALPROP https://sourceforge.net/projects/galprop
Plots models and data for cosmic-ray spectra, secondary/primary ratios, gamma rays, synchrotron. Includes gamma-ray source population synthesis and corresponding plots. For gamma rays, convolves models with the Fermi-LAT response.
This release is to assess interest. It requires many input data files (not included) which will be made available as required.
With the data provided cosmic-ray spectra and ratios and source population synthesis will work.
Uses CERN root package.
See README for details.
Plots produced with GALPLOT can be seen in
http://arxiv.org/abs/1309.2947, published version: http://mnras.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/10/03/mnras.stt1718.abstract .
Uses the cosmic-ray database https://sourceforge.net/projects/cosmicraydataba
- 29 Nov 2013: r1084 uses HealPix v2.20a instead of v2.01. This is the same version as used by GALPROP.
- 3 Dec 2013: r1090 uses HealPix v3.11 (the latest), option to use v2.20a.
- 3 Dec 2013: verified that GALPLOT is compatible with root v5.34 (current)
- 9 Dec 2013: r1099 no more dependence on boost filesystem, to simplify installation
- 13 Dec 2013: r1109 minor debugs, improved README instructions. First report of successful installation and run by a user.
- Fermi-LAT data produced with Fermi Science Tools requires conversion with this tool: https://sourceforge.net/projects/galpropskymapco for use with GALPLOT.
- 16 Dec 2013: r1112 reads Fermi data without requiring conversion.
- 10 Jan 2014: r1120 improved sample parameters for source population synthesis. 2FGL source catalogue.
- 16 Jan 2014: r1136 three source catalogues included in number count plots
- 3 Feb 2014: r1157 improved source population skymap output
- 11 July 2014: Compatible with CR database http://lpsc.in2p3.fr/cosmic-rays-db : use 'Data extraction' and 'Get GALPROP file' and use the output file as the .dat CR data file. This is far more extensive and up-to-date than the one provided with GALPLOT.
Be the first to post a review of galplot!