This software, consisting of a daemon and a command shell, is meant to be used together with the Xtreme GM7 GPS tracker to help simplify its management and to make it possible to monitor alerts sent by the tracker.
The software is intended to be run as a GNU/Linux service that always runs in the background and can be used to both receive location updates from a remote tracker as well as configuring the tracker (over both USB and a GPRS link to the device).
All received events are stored in a database and the daemon supports export of events to GPX, KML, CSV format. It is also possible to have specific action scripts executed upon receiving specific events or generate mail notifications.
The daemon and command shell comes with extensive reference documentation (HTML & PDF) and Unix man pages.
- easy to use command language to manage the tracker and database
- custom commands to simplify often performed configurations
- receive updates from remote tracker (over GPRS)
- export selected parts of database to GPX, KML or CSV format
- calculate distances for tracks or partial tracks
- multi-threaded socket daemon
- alert mail on user defined events
- action scripts on used defined events
- unlimited number of trackers and command clients
- extensive built-in help and documentation in several formats
- extensive customization of daemon
- integrates smoothly with systemd
- reverse Geolocation lookup to find a street address for GPS position
Be the first to post a review of g7ctrl!