Progressive Function Point Analysis Workbook in excel can support greater accuracy in estimation of projects. The standard function point analysis estimation has been enhanced by using a multiplicity factor in the calculation of High/Medium/Low FP Count and not stick to the static FP ranges but to dynamically estimate unadjusted FP count based on actual DETs and RETs/EIFs in the project.
The Progressive workflow estimation sheet provides two more element types, PETs (Process Element Types) or individual steps in the workflow akin to DETs and LCS(Logical Collaboration Segments) swimlanes to estimate complexity akin to RET/EIF which can be ignored if you do not wish to use this feature.
IMHO, much like a good cook, we need to consider not only the basic ingredients in a mix but also the steps in creating the final product to arrive at the final estimation and total effort required in a project. Consider the DETs, RETs/EIFs as basic ingredients and PETs & LCSs as the process steps.
- Ability to use standard IFPUG Measure
- Suppots CMMi Project Estimation and complies with KPMG audits.
- Greater accuracy due to the use of Progressive Estimation Technique
- Extended functionality for FPA to include Workflows
- Instant computation of both cost and schedule index
- Improved charts and summary of project, sprint or release data.
- Open Reporting to avoid lock-in, easy copying of source and computed data.
- Support for international currencies
- Fully functional Trial version with Enterprise Licensing Options
- Improved Estimation Methodology & Case study on PPT showcase
- Free for SMBs, Non-Profits, and charitable institutions
Great product functionpoints
This is a good tool for IFPUG standard. I have tried last week and it is very easy to use compare to some tools advise by IFPUG org. However, there is a calculation error in 1.1 version of FP Caculation sheet. ADDED functionality could only reference Data Functions but not Transaction Functions because of select H329:H330, It should select I329:I330 instead. DELETED Functionality, PROCESS functionality and REUSE Functionality has error as well. one more issue about IPF and related PET/LCS, There is no description about it. Ma, Hui