Freezer generates the code that implements the persistence layer of your application.
The input of the proccess is a class diagram where is expressed the model with the persistent entities of your application and their relationships. A first parser transforms the diagram into XML which denotes every entity descriptor. The tool reads the descriptors and generates all the artifacts required for the persistence layer: DAO, VO (DTO), JUnit tests, and database tables.
The adventages of this strategy are: It’s easy to learn, provides good performance, and avoids writing large amount of tedious and error-prone JDBC code.
- Graphical Interface.
- Easy to learn.
- Good performance
- Code adaptable to your needs.
- Generates Java classes DAO and VO (DTO), and JUnit tests
- Generates the SQL for these databases: Oracle, MySql, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, Access, Cloudscape
- Generates also SQL for: Sybase, DB2, DB2/400, SapDB, Hipersonic, Interbase, Axion (untested)
- Generates the HTML documentation of your database.
- Multiplatform: Tested with Linux and Windows
- Minimum requirements: It only requires Java JDK 1.6 or above
- Stable: Tested during years on many projects
- Reverse tool to build an UML diagram from an existing database
Be the first to post a review of Freezer Persistence!