With this software, you can create one or more "virtual disks" on your PC/PDA. These disks operate exactly like a normal disk, with the exception that anything written to one of them is transparently, and securely, encrypted before being stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Highly portable - Offers a portable mode, eliminating the need to install to the computer, there is also FreeOTFE Explorer; a system which allows FreeOTFE volumes to be accessed without installing software, and on computers where no administrator rights are available.
- Easy to use - A full wizard is included for creating new volumes.
- PC and PDA versions available. Encrypted data on your PC can be read/written from your PDA and vice versa.
- Support for encryped Linux volumes (Cryptoloop "losetup," dm-crypt, and LUKS).
- Available in multiple languages.
- Optional support for smartcards and security tokens.
- Powerful - Supporting numerous hash (including SHA-512, RIPEMD-320, Tiger) and encryption algorithms (Including AES, Twofish, and Serpent) in several modes (CBC, LRW, AND XTS), providing a much greater level of flexibility than a number of other OTFE systems.
- Encrypted volumes can be file, partition, or disk based.
While the author of this brilliant piece of software has submerged, I can only praise it.
We've released the FreeOTFE x64 Signed Device Driver. There is also a trial version for the sample. (It will expire until 2014/11/20.) It was not possible to unfortunately be a free of charge in order to attach a digital signature, but the retail version if until 2014 the end of September, it will be offered at the special price of $ 10. Our site Please search 'Digital Signed software distribution Project' Thanks, G.K.Applet Digital Signed software distribution Project
This does not currently work on windows 7 and above without an extra step after installing to enable windows 'test mode'. The project has been relaunched/forked as 'DoxBox', which runs on Windows 7 and above. To find it google 'doxbox encryption'.
Needed a portable encryption program and possibility to make encrypted volumes. This seemed like a good solution until i found out i cant use it on my computers (W7 and W8.1). Or any other pc i have acces to since they are all (W7 or W8) and the system need's signed drivers to install the drivers. Plz sign your Cryptography Programs Drivers and i will change it to 4/5 stars for all the options it seems to have. Best Regards, Darkyere
Currently Windows 7 and up, 64 bit do not allow you to run unsigned drivers, except in test mode, which freaks out the users. For some inexplicable reason, FreeOTFE comes with unsigned drivers. And FreeOTFE has no one to write to to ask for an update