With this software, you can create one or more "virtual disks" on your PC/PDA. These disks operate exactly like a normal disk, with the exception that anything written to one of them is transparently, and securely, encrypted before being stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Highly portable - Offers a portable mode, eliminating the need to install to the computer, there is also FreeOTFE Explorer; a system which allows FreeOTFE volumes to be accessed without installing software, and on computers where no administrator rights are available.
- Easy to use - A full wizard is included for creating new volumes.
- PC and PDA versions available. Encrypted data on your PC can be read/written from your PDA and vice versa.
- Support for encryped Linux volumes (Cryptoloop "losetup," dm-crypt, and LUKS).
- Available in multiple languages.
- Optional support for smartcards and security tokens.
- Powerful - Supporting numerous hash (including SHA-512, RIPEMD-320, Tiger) and encryption algorithms (Including AES, Twofish, and Serpent) in several modes (CBC, LRW, AND XTS), providing a much greater level of flexibility than a number of other OTFE systems.
- Encrypted volumes can be file, partition, or disk based.
Be the first to post a review of FreeOTFE!