FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: http://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Synchronize network shares and local disks
- Synchronize MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
- Synchronize via SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy prevents data corruption
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple users synchronizing the same network folder
- ... download and use for free!
Excellent sync app!
FreeFileSync is a great tool for backup. I use it since a long time. However, I would advise the maintainers tomove to another provider e.g. Github, since Sourceforge is know to perform feats of Account hijacking and Malware insertion. Source: seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/194
It was not a good idea to use timers in freefilesync 7.0!!! Why? The system wakesup from sleep when using realtimesync, sure not what you want. When there is no system activity (because of sleep) there is nothing to syncronize. You will be just upset to see your pc is waking from sleep after you go away. Also you can not disable this, only by killing realtimesync. WTF.... Only solution: revert back to 6.15. A lot of thinking, but wrong direction. Next time better.
Great software, very intuitive to use, so time-saving (I can' believe the time I wasted doing my backups before using FreeFileSync) ! I was worried by Chrome warning when I wanted to download it, but this warning appears because if you don't pay attention when installing FreeFileSync, it will install another software. So pay attention to the checked boxes and enjoy doing effortless backups!