FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: http://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking: serialize multiple jobs running against the same network share
Easy to use and works exactly as I needed.
After transporting user data (> 5000 files) from old PC to new PC verification of data against transporting USB-memory desired. Search for adequate tool in Windows 8.1 fruitless, but FreeFileSync just the perfect tool - and apparently with more great functions and settings to be explored later (macros, autofunctions, filtering and more...) - just had a look into what seems a quite extensive Help function; translation of this Help function contents into local language (Danish) would be nice though. Very easy to use intuitively for the first time - refer to #Overview in Help.
Super soft! After 3 years of the use only the good impressions! Thanks and good luck!
This program is outstanding. Very easy to use & setup; reliable... does what it says on the tin!
Very easy to use and does the job well!