FreeFileSync is a free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and synchronize folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Support FFS with a donation: http://www.freefilesync.org/donate.php
- Synchronize network shares and local disks
- Synchronize MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
- Synchronize via SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy HFS+ extended attributes and ACLs
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy prevents data corruption
- Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Expand environment variables like %UserProfile%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking serializes multiple users synchronizing the same network folder
- ... download and use for free!
This is one of the Best File sync software with all of the file sync Possibilities. Note: Before messing it up with this by yourself just watch Sourceforage Official video uploaded on YouTube how to use this software and after that you will love it.
I think one of the best file-sync tools!
An excellent program with several unique features of its own. Can handle some stuff that even some fully commercial products can't. Zenju is very responsive to queries & active in the help forums & is always striving to make it better, what more can we ask? I like it so much I've hit up Paypal & sent him some cash, well worth it.
Excellent sync app!