Mandelbrot family fractal generator
Fraqtive is an open source, multi-platform generator of the Mandelbrot family fractals. It uses very fast algorithms supporting SSE2 and multi-core processors. It generates high quality anti-aliased images and renders 3D scenes using OpenGL. It allows real-time navigation and dynamic generation of the Julia fractal preview.
- Highly optimized calculations taking advantage of the SSE2 extension and multi-core processors with a special optimization algorithm.
- Zoom in and out, move and rotate the fractal in real time with the image automatically updated.
- Animated preview of the Julia fractal corresponding to the point under the cursor is drawn as mouse is moved..
- A color smoothing algorithm and image postprocessing for best image quality.
- Ability to render the 3D surface of the fractal for even better visualization of the fractal structure.
Great GUI, very good performance, and pleasing colours. A "must-have".
Fraqtive is a very good, well featured and fast fractal generator.
I love it!