FractalNow provides users with tools to generate pictures of various types of fractals quickly and easily.
It is made of both a command line tool, FractalNow, and a graphical tool, QFractalNow.
The graphical tool, based on Qt library, allows users to explore fractals intuitively and generate pictures.
Both tools are entirely multi-threaded and implement advanced algorithms and heuristics that make computation very fast compared to most existing free fractal generators.
- Intuitive graphical user-interface (QFractalNow) to explore fractal space easily
- A command-line tool (FractalNow) that can work on machines without a desktop, and could be used by scripts to produce animations
- Several formulas available (Mandelbrot, Julia, Multibrot, Mandelbar, Burning ship, Rudy, and more...)
- Various types of coloring available (Iteration counts, Average coloring methods)
- Multiple anti-aliasing methods (Gaussian blur, Oversampling, Adaptive (intelligent)) to produce high quality images
- Advanced algorithms and heuristics to speed up computation (Solid guessing, Adaptive anti-aliasing, Caching)
- Entirely multi-threaded to work even faster on multi-core processors
- Ability to save/load configuration and gradient files
- Support of arbitrary precision floating point numbers
There are no 4 star reviews.