FPGAsm is a low-level alternative to verilog and VHDL. A near-instant 'assembler for FPGAs', this simple yet powerful language facilitates bottom-up design, layout and wiring of modules, and generation of .xdl output.
With about 10 keywords to learn, you can start making circuits in minutes. Now you can focus on learning the ins and outs of the FPGA instead of complex tools and languages.
Fast turnaround time and bottom-up approach invite exploration, experimentation, live circuit testing and physical test harness creation, radically changing the workflow.
FPGAsm offers you an opportunity to REALLY understand Xilinx FPGAs, create circuits DIRECTLY on the FPGA using an opensource tool, and share your knowlege and projects with the community.
Xilinx (via xdl)
- Turnaround in seconds
- Simple syntax ( <10 reserved words)
- Full control over every FPGA feature
- Manual floorplanning - your circuit stays the way you design it
- True module hierarchies for circuit reuse
- Creates 'xdl' files for Xilinx tool integration