The Foss Evaluation program will help facilitate the interaction between a researcher and the FOSS/HFOSS projects on the Internet in an easy to use interface to search and find a project based on given criteria. The main functions of the FOSS Evaluation program are to not only search for a project, but to also retrieve and display the following information, if available, for the project: project name, project description, lines of codes, number of commits, maturity of the project, number of downloads, average number of downloads and average number of commits. Based on this information, it can be determined if a project would be an appropriate candidate for a project for students or a particular class.
This project has been separated into different groups to account for the amount of people working on the project. The project consists of these teams:
- Search for HFOSS/FOSS project by name.
- Retrieve specified data from various internet sources on project.
- Display HFOSS/FOSS project data in a clean, simple interface.
- Use Ohloh and Sourceforge as primary HFOSS/FOSS reference sources
- Compare two selected projects.
- Calculate average number of commits and downloads of a project.
There are no 4 star reviews.