fosite is a generic framework for the numerical solution of 2D hyperbolic conservation laws in generalized orthogonal coordinates. It is mainly intended for CFD problems with rotational symmetry. The underlying numerical solution method belongs to the family of fully conservative finite volume TVD schemes. In addition to the pure advection code several source terms have been implemented including viscous diffusion and gravitational acceleration. Due to its modular object-oriented design it is very easy to add new features to the code.
- fully conservative 2nd order finite volume scheme
- detailed conservation of angular momentum
- poisson solver using multigrid method (not parallelized)
- various curvilinear orthogonal grids
- several output formats, now including VTK
Easy to run fosite