FortWrap is a python script that parses Fortran 90/95/200X source files and generates wrapper code in the form of C++ classes. FortWrap is intended to be used with object oriented Fortran code that makes use of Fortran derived types.
- Fortran derived types wrapped in C++ proxy classes
- Arrays wrapped with C++ vectors
- Support for optional arguments
- Support for wrapping procedure pointers
- Support for string arguments
- Fortran doxygen comments transferred to C++ header files
- Name mangling support for gfortran and g95 compilers
- Wrappers respect Fortran public/private statements
- Generated code can be re-wrapped with swig -c++
- Support for Polymorphism (CLASS variables) coming soon!
Hits the spot.