An advanced multi-threaded and multisegment download manager.
flareGet is a full featured, multi-threaded and multi-segment download manager and accelerator for Linux. It supports in-built browser integration with all the browsers.
- Dynamic File Segmentation: It uses a robust dynamic file segmentation algorithm to speed up the download. It supports up to 32 segments per download
- HTTP-Pipelining: In addition to dynamic file segmentation, each segment is further accelerated up to six times
- Auto Segmentation: When one segment ends, it starts another segment to help terminate another segment more fast
- Advanced Browser Integration: The only download manager for Linux which integrates with all the browsers to snatch away download url and start the download by itself. It does this magic without any addons
- Multi-protocol support: It supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols to let you download files from internet. It also supports pipelining for HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Intelligent file management: It uses an intelligent file management system to automatically categorize your files based on their extensions. All the downloads are grouped in different folders as per their categories.
- Flash video download: One click flash video download from most of the sites is supported for all the browsers
- Resume support: You can pause the downloads to download them later, you needn’t start from the beginning again. It also automatically retries when a segment or download fails
- Smart Scheduler: You can easily schedule flareGet to download files automatically. It allows you to start and pause downloading files at the set time
- Add or remove segments: You can add or remove download segments dynamically without interrupting the download
- Clipboard Monitoring: No need to copy paste your download links, it monitors your clipboard
- Limit downloads: You can limit the number of simultaneous downloads, when one download ends, another starts automatically
- Multi language support: flareGet is being translated into many languages, currently English, Arabic, Italiano and Chinese are available
The first stable version of flareGet, with more features and bug fixes will be released soon. Browser integration is supported now for all browsers (available separately). If you like this software and want to contribute for its further development, you can send a small payment to my paypal account <firstname.lastname@example.org> Support for flareGet has been added in "Flashgot" addon, which can be used for better browser integration with Firefox.
It's truly an IDM alternative app for Linux and it's the only one out there with multi-thread technology up to 16 segments/connections just like IDM :D But of course it's at its early stages and needs a lot of work. Well done Syed, I completly support you :) P.S Try to advertise about it everywhere possible to attract developers and contributers :)
Great software, thanks flareget
Namaste. I think it's a great effort. I have a question and please do reply. There is this unique feature in IDM, "refresh link address", and undoubtedly you know about it. It's a great feature for people with slow connections; people like me. But I haven't seen it in any other download manager other than IDM. Why is it so hard or difficult to implement this feature in download managers? I think with the addition of this feature your DM would be absolutely perfect. Please tell your opinion about the implementation of this feature in your DM.
I ask nicely, please, please, pretty please. Add browser intergration for Opera Linux. There is currently NO downloader anywhere that supports browser intergration for opera linux. Just think about it, if you add this feature every opera user out there would use flareget, its pretty much open market ... firefox and chrome users have lots of options where downloaders are concerned, but opera users have none ... I'd say that would really make your downloader stand out and give it a unique advantage...