fix-special-folders fixes folders like My Pictures where someone has broken the special look of the folder or has deleted the folder.
fix-special-folders does this by re-creating the folder and its hidden files if the folder does not already exist or has not been renamed.
works with WINE and DarWINE. you will need to fix the last parameter of the shortcut I think on older versions of WINE/DarWINE by removing the \ characters and surrounding the parameter with double quotes.
- simple and easy user interface, but semi-complicated process (print 1.1-page manual/directions)
- GUI and command-line all in same package
- 32 and 64-bit, all in installer, or you can use zip file
- fixes folders with special icons like My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos, Desktop, Favorites (I think),
- version 1.4 now gives you status on what needs to be done for a specific folder
- works with WINE (but WINE is broken)
Be the first to post a review of fix special folders for windows!