FinFamily Release notes
Releases follow the Subversion revision numbers.
Release 1141 on 9 feb 2011
* Added Hybrid kontroller
Release 1137 on 6 feb 2011
* Image scaling implemented to Graphviz report
Release 1131 on 4 feb 2011
* Added images to graphviz reports
Release 1126 on 3 feb 2011
* Added Graphviz alternative to ancestor reports
Release 1122 on 3 feb 2011
* Added Graphviz alternative to descendant reports
Release 1120 on 2 feb 2011
* Modified format of marriage data in report
* Fixed (new from 1100) bug with import from suku 2004
Release 1112 on 1 feb 2011
* Fix to descendant report male first order
Release 1110 on 31 jan 2011
* Added Tools -> Order children
* Added set of ready made commands to sql dialog
Release 1103 on 29 jan 2011
* Add person as child, spouse or parent added
Release 1100 on 28 jan 2011
* Added createdBy and modifiedBy fields to database tables
* Included also in backup/restore
* To use existing database you must execute Tools - Update database
Release 1095 on 27 jan 2011
* Transaction implemented to person update
* Fixed error with delete notice
Release 1088 on 26 jan 2011
* Fix to backup store
Release 1084 on 23 jan 2011
* Program structural changes
Release 1079 on 21 jan 2011
* WebStart smoketested with several features
Release 1068 on 19 jan 2011
* Implemented webstart feature - editing, restore and gedcom import smoketested
Release 1056 on 16 jan 2011
* Added logging to version test
* Fix to ancestor report nameindex to include only selected ancestors
* fix to search algorithm to use also modified date
Release 1045 on 14 jan 2011
* hyperlinks to both ancestor and descendant report now implemented
Release 1041 on 11 jan 2011
* Added links to html descendant report
* Add state and country to MainPerson fields
Release 1035 on 07 jan 2011
* Fix to connect routine. if not schema selected or cancel pressed then not connected
* Display village,farm and croft in parsom main page
Release 1033 on 02 jan 2011
* fixes to name index
* Added insert of name index to selected view
Release 1024 on 31 dec 2010
* Fixes to name index
* bold also for names inside text
* changed to use jdbc driver 9.0
Release 1015 on 29 dec 2010
* Fixed problem with report language
* Update nameindex in excel to same as in word
* Fixed problem with printing of parent of adopted child
Release 1010 on 27 dec 2010
* fix to reference to parent in descendant report
* report formatting fixes. r
* Fixed checking of sex of parent when generating childs parents
Release 996 on 21 dec 2010
* Added reference to other parent in descendant report
* Added Refn and group to report after generation
Release 992 on 19 dec 2010
* Added name index to descendant text report
Release 987 on 18 dec 2010
* Added columns for given name and surname and some fix to name index
Release 985 on 17 dec 2010
* Minor text change
Release 983 on 16 dec 2010
* Added notifier when newer version exist on server
Release 979 on 14 dec 2010
* fix to malefirst order in descendant report
* throw exception if image entered that is not supported by java imaging
Release 976 on 10 dec 2010
* Added image scaling to word report images
Release 971 on 06 dec 2010
* gedcom import with empty occu tag fixed
* Image manager modified
* close person view prior to opening settings dialog
Release 967 on 05 dec 2010
* Formatted state and country display
* changed privacy checkbox to drop down with 3 alternatives in mainperson
Release 964 on 02 dec 2010
* Fixed person list (text format)
* Added general info report (ecel format)
Release 963 on 01 dec 2010
* modifications to family tree
* fix to restore of refn
* Show N N for person that has privacy set
Release 956 on 29 nov 2010
* Completed French version (using partially Google translator)
* Privacy on person to display as N N on report
* Date period gui fixed
Release 950 on 27 nov 2010
* fixed and added additional names to report index
Release 943 on 21 nov 2010
* removed add and delete notice button from noticepane, Added delete notice to toolbat
Release 941 on 18 nov 2010
* Fixed restore backup for state, village, farm and croft
* fixed backup for relation notice 2nd date part
* fixed restore for relation notice source
Release 938 on 17 nov 2010
* References in descendant report reworked
Release 936 on 15 nov 2010
* Image size info to Notice pane added
* Improvements to see also references for descendant report
Release 930 on 11 nov 2010
* sorting db window fix
* hiski import fixes
Release 925 on 10 nov 2010
* bugfixes to hiski haudatut and kastetut import
' fix of double names in database view
Release 922 on 8 nov 2010
* Added check to prevent update of identical consecutive names
or occupations. Possibly an unresolved bug may create such
* Fixed bug with view manager
Release 918 on 30 oct 2010
* Modified relatives lines in FamilyPanel
* Added email (@) from RESI tag to descendant lista
Release 913 on 21 oct 2010
* Multiple name editing serious bug fixed
Release 910 on 21 oct 2010
* Special handling added for Name types / and (
* Added list report for images
Release 903 on 19 oct 2010
* Gay marriages possibility added
* Bug fixes
Release 895 on 17 oct 2010
* Improvements of managing of relative notices
* Fixes to needle manager
* DropDown menu fix
* Added sql function to tools
Release 870 on 12 oct 2010
* Usability changes to menu and dialogs
* Refactoring of hiski import
Release 850 on 7 oct 2010
* Hiski pane opening/closing refactored
* Delete person command added to drop down menu
Release 846 on 6 oct 2010
* Hiski import refactored
* Some statistics added
Release 840 on 5 oct 2010
* Refactored Hiski kastetut and vihityt
* Added genealogy data statistics
Release 830 on 1 oct 2010
* fixed bug with search criteria
Release 824 on 28 sep 2010
* Refactored Hiski kastetut import
Release 820 on 28 sep 2010
* descendant lista (excel) improvements
* hiski-import for kastetut designing
Release 810 on 25 sep 2010
* Wiki-addresses modified
* Adjusted report details
* Reset types list at start of SearchCriteria
* Ask to overwrite the file at save as
* Added check before dropping family database (schema)
* Fixes to needle management
* Fix to login failure message
* Gedcom import fixes
Release 800 on 21 sep 2010
* Hiski import fixed to lower surety for notices already existing and ignoring existing relations
* Report settings for surety to include added
* Replaced TODO with UNKN (Unknown) that now shows on db-view all persons who have UNKN notices
Release 794 on 18 sep 2010
* reset name and place list after use
Reset 792 on 18 sep 2010
* fixed restore of name and placelist
* modified default order of notices
* added place to hiski kastetut import
* fixed problem with excel descendant list
Release 782 on 17 sep 2010
* fixed problem that did now accept dates from person main page
Release 781 on 17 sep 2010
* fixed (fatal) bug for sync between mainperson and notices (NAME and OCCU)
Release 780 on 16 sep 2010
* fixed hiski import issues
Release 775 on 15 sep 2010
* fix to export for suku2004
* spouse numbering when children outside marriage in family improved
Release 772 on 14 sep 2010
* Ancestor report references fixes
* Ancestor report spouses added
Release 770 on 12 sep 2010
* Display village, farm and croft in report
Release 764 on 10 sep 2010
* Added code to restore backup directly from zip-file
* Added parents to subject in descendant report
Release 747 on 7 sep 2010
* Added database view font size to settings
* Added subject to relatives pane
* Added report command to drop down menu in relatives pane
* Fixed some report style issues (Bethrotal, From table text moved after name of subject)
Release 735 on 4 sep 2010
- to text search and
- Cancel button in runner dialogs
- Child spouse numbering
Release 714 on 3 sep 2010
* fixed problems in import from Suku2004
* Allowing surnames to begin with lower case letter at update.
For new surnames the 1st letter is capitalized
Release 710 on 1 sep 2010
* Family notice to use same layout as Table notice
* Fixed problem with file dialog hiding behind
* Map location algorithm modified
* Fix to gedcom import error report
* Person view field handling fix
* Address stored incorrectly in backup. Fixed
* Allow empty line in front of n note ield
Release 700 on 31 aug 2010
* Fixes to column sorting
* Some German locations added for german sample database (under construction)
* Patronyme endings enchanced
Release 695 on 26 aug 2010
* Added option to print all ancestor branches
* Update family tree and database draft whenever person is changed
* Modified spouses parents see also printing
* GUI changed to use RadioButtons for sex instead of combobox
* Fixes to check when person has changed => not so many unnecessary updates
Release 680 on 20 aug 2010
* Added possibilty to print pictures separately at end of document with links to tables.
Pictures are to be organized manually afterwords
* Added styles to descendant report
Release 678 on 17 aug 2010
Release 671 on 14 aug 2010
* Some gedcom fixes regarding FAM record
* Modifications to relation notice and relation report management
Release 666 on 10 aug 2010
* gedcom import enchanced to intrepret correctly file from another application
* modified report to ask for index and removed button to write index from dialog
* fixed problem with logfile location
Release 659 on 9 aug 2010
* Bugfixes to login to database and to bad died dates
Release 653 on 2 aug 2010
* Added code to select location from required country.
* Some internal code refactoring
Release 648 on 25 jul 2010
* fix to restore backup surety
* enchanhed OpenStreetMaps display
Release 640 on 21 jul 2010
* Fixes to placelocations
* Moved default country to database
Release 635 on 20 jul 2010
* Added alternative map from OpenStreetMaps service
* Modified setup page to select map software
* Modified structure of location data
Release 621 on 8 jul 2010
* Fixed problems with sorting database view
Release 618 on 1 jul 2010
* Added datecontrol to search dialog for update/created dates
* Added indicator if FamilyTree children have own children or parents also have parents
Release 609 on 30 jun 2010
* Fixes to compare imported persons.
Release 605 on 29 jun 2010
* Check for existing persons added to import from other database
Release 596 on 17 jun 2010
* Added Import from other database
Release 584 on 5 jun 2010 (91)
* Added rest of tables to backup. Fixed bug (from 580) in restore from Suku 2004
Release 580 on 1 jun 2010 (41)
* Backup/restore should now function with both FinFamily and Suku 2004 both directions
* Backup created into zip-file including images. Restore requires UnZip of the file.
* Create backup still "Under Construction". Possibly speed of backup needs to be improved.
Release 568 on 26 may 2010 (41)
* Database schema to be names Family database
* First draft version of create backup command.
Possible to import both to Suku 2004 and to Finfamily.
No guarantee on correctnes yet.
Release 563 on 25 may 2010 (37)
* FinFamily modified to use database schemas for the finfamily data.
One database can now contain several genealogy schemas
Release 557 on 22 may 2010 (105)
* Table notice moved to be printed before table header
* FamilyTree view surety information added
* removed Intellisens feature from query arguments dialog
Release 548 on 19 may 2010 (39)
* Added place index to index (excel)file
* Added sources to report and source index to index (excel)file
Release 541 on 9 may 2010 (98)
* Added partly French language. Defaults to English when French word is missing.
* Preparations for possible GenGraph
* Re-factored text files. Both program and report texts are now taken from excel-file. Only types are stored in database.
Release 528 on 4 may 2010 (76)
* Bug-fix for German language reports.
Release 524 on 3 may 2010 (51)
* German language added.
Release 518 on 2 may 2010 (81)
* Ancestor Table Report. Some fixes.
* Hiski import re-factored.
* Fixed bug with US date format.
Release 510 on 29 apr 2010 (53)
* Ancestor Table Report. Graphic Excel report starts from Reports Ancestor tab
Release 500 on 18 apr 2010 (56)
* Family tree improvements. Family Tree requires update of database. Tools - Update database
* File menu fixes.
* Mac and Linux GUI improvements. Check Wiki-page
Release 493 on 13 apr 2010 (49)
* Family view improvements. Copy command to copy view to clipboard
* Rescaling of Person View windows improved.
* Some improvements to look and feel.
Release 482 on 3 apr 2010 (63)
* Gedcom export ready.
* Gedcom import to read also directly from zip-file with images.
* Added date and place to adoption notice
Release 467 on 30 mar 2010 (44)
* Gedcom export implemented. At least adoptions still missing.
Release 454 on 28 mar 2010 (23)
* Gedcom export skeleton added (does not yet write proper gedcom file).
Release 454 on 28 mar 2010 (14)
* Gedcom export skeleton added (does not yet write proper gedcom file).
Release 442 on 23 mar 2010 (32)
* Quick fix of bug that disabled changes in relations.
Release 435 on 21 mar 2010
* Fixed problem with bad year on main page.
* Added skeleton for report.
* Added links to license and main download site.
* Refactored to ask if person data is to be updated.
* Added address report.
Release 424 on 15 mar 2010 (33)
* Fixed problem with name prefix
* Child adding when child already has parent fixed
Release 420 on 14 mar 2010 (12)
* Improved adding new languages
* Initid Text values of notice tags at init phase.
* Changed relations to single selct mode
* If parent already exists ask confirmation if another parent is suggested to child.
Release 415 on 7 mar 2010 (37)
* Added estimaed time left to gedcom import
* Refacored TABLE and FAMT notices in descendant report.
* Added NOTE notice to marriage notice
Release 411 on 3 mar 2010 (31)
* Fixed bug when creating person with bad date
* Added test for persons age
* Fixed dbview tooltip to correct column
Release 406 on 2 mar 2010 (20)
* Fixed missing database create script.
* Modifications in FinFamily build system
* Removed Suku.exe from non-windows build.
Release 402 on 27 feb 2010 (25)
* WebStart version tested. Only GUI part for now.
* changed word report type to .doc
* Added separate windows installer to install into Program Files directory
Release 380 on 23 feb 2010 (30)
* Group fields to use intellisens feature.
* Image scaling implemented with both height and width
* Testsearch now with keywords "and" "or" "not"
Release 373 on 22 feb 2010 (20)
* Reworked the query database page.
Release 369 on 20 feb 2010 (10)
* Removed PostgreSQL server commands. They no longer were copmpatible with PostgreSQL 4.x
* Added Open person command to File menu.
Release 367 on 18 feb 2010 (7)
* Improvements to Excel listreport for relatives with surety values < 100
Release 365 on 17 feb 2010 (12)
* Added Excel listreport for relatives with surety values < 100
* Combined TextsExcel file as sheet in TypesExcel.xls
Release 355 on 11 feb 2010 (19)
* Added subjects ancestor into descendant report like spouse ancestors
* Fixed search criteria date format
* Modified program languages to be read from Finfamil.xls excel file
Release 347 on 1 feb 2010 (32)
* Implemented 4 levels of privacy for notices.
Release 342 on 29 jan 2010 (20)
* Added code to Add new Notice button in toolpanel.
* Refactoring of Types code.
Release 338 on 25 jan 2010 (20)
* Added tools-command to view database statistics.
* Show adoptions on relatives page.
* Gedcom import fixes.
* Fix to login to empty database.
Release 330 on 24 jan 2010 (13)
Release 325 on 24 jan 2010 (6)
* Added rule based conversions of placenames.
Release 317 on 22 jan 2010 (10)
* Intellisens feature problems fixed.
* Added error output to Suku2004 import.
* Added tooltips to report page table header.
Release 302 on 17 jan 2010 (8)
* Ancestor report improvements. Epsolin numbering added.
* Fixed Suku2004 import for orphan relations.
Release 298 on 17 jan 2010 (7)
* Ancestor report improvements. Hager numbering added.
* Gedcom import to accept also program selected dateformat.
Release 292 on 16 jan 2010 (10)
* Ancestor report improvements. Not yet for the Espolin model.
Release 283 on 12 jan 2010 (20)
* With Family setting implemented for ancestor report
* Gedcom import improvements/fixes
Release 276 on 9 jan 2010 (8)
* Ancestor report draft included
Release 272 on 5 jan 2010 (10)
* Hiski name normalization test
* Name type improvements in reports
Release 266 on 5 jan 2010 (14)
* Name type fix for reports
* Import 2004 privacy fix
* Show hiski command fixes.
* Only first givenname into intellisens list.
Release 250 on 29 dec 2009 (16)
* Source window with content sensitive menu for Hiskipage added.
Release 248 on 28 dec 2009 (4)
* Hiski import of all types to database added.
Release 242 on 22 dec 2009 (12)
* Added textpersons to index.
* Fixed bug with language version. Restored check of old language to suku 2004 import.
* Moved image before text. This enables us to write in the standard note field a bit more text for preceding image.
Release 236 on 16 dec 2009 (14)
* gedcom import improvements
Release 222 on 12 dec 2009
* gedcom import implemented
Release 209 on 9 dec 2009
* Added gedcom import skeleton. Most of indi records are imported. Relations are not yet implemented.
Release 190 on 5 dec 2009 (2)
* Intellisens implemented for givenname,patronyme, surname, place, noticetype, description
Release 188 on 4 dec 2009
* Initialized intellisens places with actual data from db at connect
* Intellisens in use at main person place fields. press first character to display list of places. Select from list using arrowkeys and enter or mouse. Arrow keys are forwarded to scrollbar and window may scroll because of that. Searching still for solution to the scrolling efect.
Release 184 on 2 dec 2009
* Changed to use Metal look-and-feel if not windows
* Fixes to problems with synchronizing person pane with the notice panes
* Problems with synchronizing person pane with the notice panes
* Added "intellisens" proto to main person place fields - with demo data
Release 178 on 29 Nov 2009
* Fixed problems with synchronizing mainpane and notices
* Ficed problem with notice text printing
Release 174 on 23 Nov 2009 (5)
* Reopen person with same notice at update