Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Price: Free
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
Be sure to use the "Direct Download" link which provides the full Filezilla installation files, and no adware. Avoid the "Download, installer enabled" link - which uses a download manager which gives two Adware options you need to "Decline" and are easy to miss if not paying a lot of attention.
Do NOT download this software - Filezilla install included Astromenda browser hijacker. I missed unchecking the auto install. Does NOT uninstall completely from Windows uninstall - had to manually uninstall from safe mode windows with regedit for IE and extended manual uninstall steps in FireFox
The maker of Filezilla refuses to stop his official Filezilla website from linking to file hosts which bundle in pernicious, damaging and virtually impossible to remove browser hijacking malware such as "driver restorer", "reimage repair" and "astromenda" etc. Adware is awful but a software engineer who permits malware infections should be banned. I can never recommend Filezilla, the real cost in lost time and hassle is too great.
FileZilla has been very good program until version 220.127.116.11 came about. In installing FileZilla after downloading the program from the SourceForge.net website, the installation hijacked all the web browsers I have installed on my computer: My Home page and Search Engine got change. When I sent an email to the FileZilla author, the response I got was that nothing more than FileZilla is installed without asking permission. That is NOT TRUE! I got a game program installed and the above two items were changed without asking. Given this experience, I will Not be installing any additional updates to FileZilla -- I don't want to go thru having to undo the hijacking that was done! This is too bad because FileZilla had been an excellent program BEFORE this hijacking! It's also too bad that the support folks of SourceForge.net don't warn people about this.
The Filezilla installer tries to deceive you install questionable software (adware or malware?). I no longer have confidence in Filezilla or in Sourceforge now.