Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
- Built-in file management
- Advanced file settings
- Reduces timeout errors
- Multi-language support
Installer (download manager?) is full of mallware and adware. Never will I visit sourceforge again, do not install any of their software. - Wout
AVOID. Regretfully, the once great FileZilla is now trash. Don't get me wrong. The software still appears to work fine, but there is no chance in HELL I am EVER GOING TO INSTALL THIS ON MY COMPUTER AGAIN. EVER. I spent the past 24 hours removing viruses and malware. Browser modifiers that turn random words into dirty links in web pages. Searches that redirect you to dirty sites. Popup windows whenever you click a link. GamerForest. SearchKnow. Virus versions of 'PluginContainer.exe'. Very nasty stuff. The FileZilla team has sold out, I hope they are enjoyong the dirty money they earned from this and the data they have stolen. Am I supposed to just trust FileZilla now? No f***ing way. Cleanup tips: 1. Download AdwCleaner from toolslib.net (watch out for fakes - avoid google - go to toolslib.net) 2. Get HitmanPro from surfright.nl 3. Unplug your network cable - stop the viruses stealing your data 4. Look at task manager and terminate (or stop service for) any process you think looks suspicious. Close all browsers - they will have illegal plugins installed and running. 5. Run AdwCleaner 6. Run HitmanPro 7. Repeat 5 and 6 8. Repeat 5 and 6 9. Run a full virus scan Best of luck.
Installing malware while downloading Filezilla in Sourceforge installer, so not cool. Why do you think people want malware on there computers? Why are you guys being a dick?
The installer installs malware and unwanted software such as MacKeeper. Do not trust the source forge installed
Despite its popularity Filezilla has never been a very good FTP client. It just does the job. But now it comes with malware. So I don't recommend it anymore.