Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
- Built-in file management
- Advanced file settings
- Reduces timeout errors
- Multi-language support
I like Filezilla FTP client. I think it's a great software and FREE! However, with the latest release of 22.214.171.124, I find it a bit disappointing; 1. Used to be able to upgrade straight from Filezilla. Usually if there's new release when Filezilla starts up it can download and upgrade automatically. With 126.96.36.199 nope. It failed to get the new release. 2. Upon manually visiting filezilla-project.org and clicking the "Download Filezilla Client" it redirects to sourceforge.net and automatically starts a download of an online/web installer which does not download the "actual" installer. 3. When installing using the web installer it actually appears to download the actual file, but in the background it forces to install Opera browser (not that it's a bad browser - just not my pref!) and the actual file itself was never downloaded. It just says download 100% but never continue any further. 4. The web installer also modifies my browsers to open up isearch.omiga-plus.com and set it as my default search engine. This is unacceptable. This adware. If Opera and/or Omiga-plus is supporting sourceforge financially, still, users have the right to choose whether they want to install the product or not instead of just forcing the installation. I had to manually go to sourceforge Filezilla project page, go to "Files" and manually drill down to the actual file itself! I would have given 5 stars, but the above reasons just blew it. Please, don't spoil a project this good.
Unfortunately also I felt in the trap of its disguised malware. AVG told me there was something suspicious, but coming from sourceforge I was sure this could not be correct. I even first found a post which assured that the anti-virus warning was normal and could be ignore. What a shame, this used to be such a great piece of software. I for sure won't be using it anymore.
This is the only FTP software I will use! Ignore the comments complaining that is is full of adware and such, it is NOT! The FileZilla installation file and the program are adware, malware and virus free. What the majority of other reviewers don't realise is to download FileZilla (or any other programs off this site) you have to use their "Download Manager" which is bundled with other rubbish to help pay for the service. This is NOT forced on you and you can easily click on the "Decline" buttons to stop it installing stuff. Once you've done this the Download Manager will then download the actual program you requested. Can people only review the program and not the actual installer that SourceForge force you to use in the future. It gives brilliant programs a bad name!
I just made an account to write this review for this piece of crap. This download is bundled with spam , ad-ware and what not. Download at your own risk and screw up your computer.
WHAT THE HELL! HIDDEN IN THE INSTALL IS OPTIMIZER PRO SOFTWARE. WHAT A JOKE, ++++++++++++ DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS OR ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE>