Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
-About Adware- Read this section in order to prevent additional programs that comes with installation. When first-installing File-Zilla be sure to select "custom" first, unclick the pre-selected the boxes, then click decline on the extra "offers" that pop up. These are search bar type infection installations that data-mining and not needed. Avoid them. *IMPORTANT* make sure to read what is being installed as it has become a practice for companies to slip in "extra programs" into software nowadays under a cruddy TOS. The easiest way to get infected is to click "accept" without reading exactly what's installed both by TOS and by screen. Don't let industries trick you into installing ad-ridden programs. I am an IT student who is currently using this FTP as a requirement for a course. I have gone through many software and had the experience of removing a sneaky-type of brower-ad wares that require more than uninstalling the file. File-Zilla comes with six sections: File, Edit, View, Transfer, Server, Bookmark, Help. In order to transfer files the following is a must(excluding port): Host: Username: Password: Port(Optional): Files can be selected from the local site section. Files within the local site will be listed underneath. Once a file(s) is selected It can be transferred to the host server. Sucessful, Failed, and Queued transfers will show below. Rating: Ease= 3 stars. While the file-transfer is pretty straight-forward it might prove confusing at first to new-users. Features= 2 stars. The extra web-browser extensions were not needed. Those new to computers may accidentally install these ad wares. Design= 3 stars. Pretty straight-forward. Support= 2. Does such a thing exist?
Watch out, do your research, google this: filezilla malware site:forum.filezilla-project.org The installer will infect you. Find the alternate zip download or use another FTP client.
Installed MacKeeper (barf) as malware and changed my search engines and home pages in my browsers to Yahoo.com from my defaults (barf). Absolutely unacceptable. Do NOT download or install this software until someone forks into a proper open source format free of adware. God only knows what other malware it likely installed I haven't discovered yet.
Filezilla is a very good software for FTP function. It is absolutely reliable and clean. Only it is necessary to download it from a "safe website" and to download directly the software (about 6 Mbybyes) and NOT to download a 'downloader' which install filezilla but installa also many bad adware & C. In my website you will download pure filezilla setup: fabrizioviscardi.it/fabrizio_viscardi_utilita_windows_mac_linux_rete_filezilla.php?vers=18.104.22.168 (last version - virus checked). In this website, remember, in every case, to search the link "Direct download" and not the green button "Download" !!
WARNING!!! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!! Your computer will be infected by malware/spyware/trojan/other unlawful piggy-backed program that can't be uninstalled. EVEN if you select "I DO NOT ACCEPT" crappy program. It installs it anyway. If you download make sure you have a system restore backup or image backup. Filezilla is knowingly pushing people to this install because they obviously get a financial kick back from these malicious programs.