Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
- Built-in file management
- Advanced file settings
- Reduces timeout errors
- Multi-language support
ADWARE ALERT: The Sourceforge Installer delivers adware on your computer. Run AdwCleaner after installing this, or download FileZilla from PortableApps. And, I am including this in my antimalware's database.
What a scam. This used to be good when I used it in the early 2000's .. now its just a wrapper for adware/spyware and shit software that will infect your computer with its garbage. The authors claim its virus free, but I guess we don't view 'virus' the same. My view is pretty broad and general. Any software that fucks up my computer. Installing FileZilla_22.214.171.124_win32-setup directly installed shit on my computer that now I'm having to spend what limited free time I have removing. Thanks Filezilla, keep up the fantastic shitholeness. (PS fix your forums, i hate having to come here to leave you a note like this when we could have handled it all private like. I'm sorry I've used my hotmail address since 1995. I'm sorry that you don't like it. but, honestly, get over yourselves.)
I have used this excellent piece of software for many years. The program seems still pretty good. BUT, and this is a big BUT, Why do you add a big link to install the adware wrapped download? Don't you value the reputations and respect you built up over the years? I'm disappointed and waste an hour to clean up the mess the Adware caused. For those who still want to download, click the "Direct Download" UNDER the big Download button.. Don't click the big Download button as that will install quite some Adware to your system.
*sigh* another software I loved that stopped supporting WinXP and went toward the RAT-ware (unsafe) OS's (Vista/7/8)... not to mention Ad-ware... WTF the app itself is great, but I can't use it anymore... time to find an alternative... -.-* PS: don't tell me to upgrade my OS... I prefer my privacy. if you guys want me to continue using your software, don't do stupid stuff like: - drop support for WinXP