Filezilla at a GlanceFilezilla is so easy to download and launch that you might not realize how powerful it is. Just enter a few basic server settings and you’re up and running with a single click. To upload and download files, simply drag and drop them between your Web server and computer. You monitor your actions in the site manager pane, which highlights the status of file uploads and downloads, or bypass the queue with manual transfer. You can also pause or cancel file transfers and even configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors, making the process of managing your Web site a breeze!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Filezilla’s features:
- FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support—Filezilla gives you a choice between several file transfer protocols and encryption methods, while supporting HTTP and the IPv6 Internet protocol.
- Vital Info at a Glance—Filezilla lets you compare your files with server files in the same directory to see if their file name or size is out of sync via highlighted colors..
- Built-in file management—A site manager lets you order transfer tasks via a server list and a transfer queue. It also supports resume, which means you can pause and continue transfers. Filename filters help locate specific files with the conditions you want. And you can edit server files on-the-fly, without downloading and re-uploading them back to the server.
- Easy to navigate—A tabbed user interface allows you to multitask browse servers to transfer files between them simultaneously. Bookmarks provide easy access to frequently used files. You can also drag and drop files between your computer and Web server.
- Advanced file settings—You can configure transfer speed limits to reduce file transfer errors and a network configuration wizard can assist you to configure any confusing network settings.
- Reduces timeout errors—Filezilla checks your network connection and notifies you if it has been idle for too long by sending a keep-alive command.
- Multi-language support—Filezilla is currently available in 47 languages worldwide.
|FileZilla is a reliable, accessible program with many basic functions and advanced tools for expert users. If you are serious about FTP, FileZilla won’t disappoint.||FileZilla stores your FTP credential in plain text instead of encrypting it. Therefore the onus is on you and your operating system to protect private data.|
- Version: 3.9.01
- File size: 21.6 MB
- Date added: July 7, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux
FileZilla is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly. For example, Filezilla lets you compare your files with in-directory server files to manage file syncing. You can also tab browse between servers and transfer files to them simultaneously, as well as edit server files on the go. And Filezilla is available in 47 languages worldwide!
- FTP client and server
- Supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP
Warning! Installer will try to infect your computer with troublesome malware that can be a pain to get rid of!
The sw may be good, but the filezilla team sucks. When an app puts rubbish on your computer, the only rating the sw deserves are negative. Pop ups with fake critical messages are annoying and only tells me that the developers of this sw has no respect to others. If they wants money for this shit, ask for it rather than stealing my time. I was given the option to not install some browser-addon, cudos for that, such addons are nothing but waste of time and money, but there where no warnings that there would be other trojans installed regardless of your choice.
If you want to download it from SourceForge, make sure the URL ends with "/download?nowrap" so you do not get the bundled adware. You can get this ad free version by going to filezilla-project.org, clicking on the Download link for the version you want (client or server), clicking "Show additional download options", and selecting the version you want. You can also browse the files in the SourceForge project, but make sure you have "Direct Download Link: On". If it is off then click it to toggle. Then click on the link for the file you want (checking that it ends with "/download?nowrap" so you do not get the adware.
Wasted hours removing PUP.optional with Filezilla install 10/20/14. Done with Sourceforge and filezilla.
Filezilla is all good. But this site now pushes crapware onto your computer, through an installer that conceals this in a very clever way. I used to have a clean computer and I used to trust Sourceforge.net as a download site. Not anymore. Shame on you guys!