Filelocker is a web based secure file sharing application which facilitates easy file sharing between users at an organization and promotes secure data sharing habits.
- Upload and share files with users at your organization.
- Request files from public users.
- Create software distribution accounts that many users can access.
- Send encrypted messages securely.
- Retrieve user information from many sources with an extensible plugin system.
- Audit user activity.
- Implements AES-256 encryption on uploaded files and messages.
- Integrates with LDAP and CAS.
This project has everything you need to create a Managed File Transfer service. The interface is sleek and very simple to use. Great job to the developers at Purdue! The installation was simple and straightforward. It installed perfectly on Ubuntu 10.10. The auditing was great.....very detailed descriptions of who, what, when , and why... The system needs more template ability to allow for portability. Anyone with basic programming skills can modify it, but the lame will have trouble, as there is no easy access from within the GUI. Some re factoring should be done on the email templates and incorporate more configurable parameters (like a footer). This should probably be part of the template system if one ever gets added. (If I knew python at all, I would help....and this may force me to learn...I'm a ruby guy) CAS is a great feature, even though I do not have this internally. I am considering making this into a hardened Ubuntu distro, because honestly it has everything you need to create an MFT. Still, overall this is a great program. PS - I can't say it enough, awesome job!
Great software, thank you.
good job filelocker2
Great work. Fantastic project.!
filelocker2 works perfectly, thanks