FileBot is the ultimate tool for renaming your movies, tv shows or anime and downloading subtitles. It's smart, streamlined for simplicity and just works. FileBot supports Windows, Linux and Mac, plus there's a full-featured command-line interface for all sorts of automation.
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop
- Rename hundreds of media files in a matter of seconds
- Match movies against TheMovieDB data
- Match episodes against TheTVDB data
- Match music against MusicBrainz data using AcoustID
- Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles
- Upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles
- Easily create and verify sfv, md5 and sha1 files
It would get 5 stars, if when it renames files didn't add any file properties to the files. Tis is in last 3 versions. Very annoying but ulimatly does a good job.
Awesome app, perfect for managing my huge collection of TV shows (2.5 TB, 8000+ episodes). Works flawlessly renaming for English language shows, but not so good for French langues shows (with French series and episode naming). It could use an option to automatically fetch data from a predefined engine (I only use it for TV shows). Also, when removing special characters not allowed in file names (question mark, colon), it should also do a double check to remove extra white spaces, especially for colons, which are usually surrounded by spaces, leaving 2 of them after removing the colon. But great app anyway, please keep up the good work !