Content Based File level Data Backup in Python.
This is a utility to backup your files. It can do full and incremental backups.
It will take a directory as input, and will back up the files in that folder and all sub-folders to the backup destination directory.
It can compress each file individually while backing-up.
Mirrors the source directory structure under the target directory. Creates 1 archive file for each source file. Even if the backup/restore program or backup database is not available or lost, the backup files and structure can still be recovered. Huge plus for reliability.
Uses a SQL database to manage backup file information. The files are managed through their checksum (SHA256).
See wiki page for additional information:
The project is work in progress. Main backup script is functional, but i have taken a break from adding features to the main program to build a GUI in Tkinter.
- File based backup
- Full and Incremental Backup.
- Reads input parameters from an external input file. One input file can contain multiple directories for backup.
- Reads configuration parameters from an external file.
- Mirrors the source directory structure under the target directory. Even if the backup/restore program is not available, the backup files and structure can still be recovered.
- Files are managed and identified through their checksum (SHA256).
- Uses a SQL database to manage backup file information.
Be the first to post a review of File based backup 52!