A cross platform file and folder mass renamer, allows many different renaming operations in a GUI.
Please note that development has moved to GitHub:
- Preview every item to be renamed before comiting changes.
- Load all files in directory and in subdirectories (recursive renaming).
- Undo renaming operation in case of mistakes.
- Regular expression support throughout.
- Full unicode support means any character from any language can be used.
- Rename media files according to their metadata tags (Exif, id3, etc).
- Add any number of operations in any order (v.2 only)
Easy to use, compatible with all windows version, small size, undo function support.
definitely not working under OSX
It only appears to be missing one thing - you can replace/remove X characters starting at position Y, which is great where Y is known (i.e. 1 for the beginning of the object), but what about the END ?? I have a number of variable-length folder names with a ' - yyyy' appended to the end (7 characters) - I can see no way of stripping that without knowing the length of the string and working backwards. (BTW, I'm using the LINUX version !!)
Seems to be great, but Recursive selection doesn't seem to work for folders. My folder replacement list is empty in the bottom when it shouldn't. (Without "Recursive" checked there are many subfolders seen with the same replacement)
The interface is very friendly. Bravo