The FusionInventory Agent Microsoft Windows Installer is an open source project than has as goal to build the installer program of the FusionInventory Agent and its tasks for Microsoft Windows operative systems. It makes use of some others open source projects, like the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (in forward NSIS), Strawberry Perl, Curl, etcetera, to obtain its objective.
It is born to cover a basic goal; be able to install new FusionInventory Agent versions based on the previous configuration in the system, whether it exists. In summary, it is born to be able to update the existing agent, and not only to install a new version from scratch.
It has more purposes, of course. Please, take a look at the feature list below.
- Installs from scratch or from the current configuration.
- Uninstalls the previous agent, whether it exists.
- Prevents multiple installations simultaneously.
- Supports visual installation in multiple languages.
- Builds two different installers for x86 and x64 architectures.
- Builds installers for stable or development versions.
- Supports both installation methods; silent or unattended mode and graphical or visual mode.
- Allows to select the agent tasks to install.
- New visual appearance based on the NSIS Modern UI 2 plugin.
- Migrates the depreciated options to the new options and removes completely the obsolete ones from the Microsoft Windows registry.
- Now the Microsoft Windows registry used for agent configuration integrates all the options supported by the agent, and not only those that them values are different to the default.
- Allows a complete customization of all the options supported for the agent, either from the the command line, or from the visual installation.
- Each generated installer is identified uniquely by a BuildID.
- Allows to execute the agent as a Windows Service, to plan its execution through a Windows Task or, simply, not to execute the agent.
- Allows to pull a SSL certificate from a URL at installation time. (ToDo)
Be the first to post a review of FusionInventory Agent Windows Installer!