FFP (Feature frequency profile) is an alignment free comparison tool for phylogenetic analysis and text comparison. It can be applied to nucleotide sequences, complete genomes, proteomes and even used for text comparison.
- Comparison of Genomes, protein and nucleic acid sequences in FASTA format
- Phylip style distance matrix output
- Over a dozen distance measures
- Uses a fast alignment free method of comparison
- Implementation of fast Rabin-Karp hashing for k-mer counting
- Spaced-seed/masking hash function allows DNA/Amino Acid mismatches