FFEntityFramework is an Object-Relational Mapping Framework (O-R Mapping / Object Persistence) for .NET with built-in features like Xml-Serialization, Model-View-Controller-Framework or UndoManagement ...
All these Components use the same Meta-Base which can be definied via Attributes (Annotations) on your Business-Classes. Nevertheless differences between Xml- and Db-Serialization can be made via an enum MetaUsage (Database, Xml, Internal …). For Example you can define a Key-Column which is only used for Db-Serialization and excluded for Xml-Serialization. The same can be done with References, Delegations &c.
A special Feature is that all Metadata can be read from a comfortable Object-Model (MetaLayer) for your own needs.
- O-R Mapping via Attributes (Annotations) – Mapping-Support via Xml comming soon
- A Public Object-Model with capsulates the Metadata from O-R- or Metamapping
- Db: Multi-Database-Support (till now MSSql, Firebird, MySql)
- Db: It’s possible to modify the Sql-Dialect via inherit a SqlProvider for your own needs
- Db: Lazy-Loading for References and Columns (e. g. Blob-Fields)
- Db: Cascading
- Db: Old-Value-Tracking to follow Changes
- Db: Linq-Expressions to Sql (till now only IQueryable.Where and some String-Functions)
- Db: Create, Drop and Merge Database-Schema
- Model-View-Controller Framework
- MVC: Observer-Pattern (a generic solution)
- MVC: Command-Pattern (with MVC-Context – e. g. Selected Objects)
- MVC: Undo-Management (for undo or redo added, deleted or edited Objects)
- MVC: The EntityDataTable (inherited from DataTable) is a bridge for simplify Databindings – includes a solution for Multi-Selection
- The Demo-Application “Product-Catalog” is a Win-Forms-Application which demonstrates all common Features of FFEntityFramework
Be the first to post a review of FFEntityFramework!