FastPhotoTagger tries to be the fastest way to set the metadata in your photos. By defining abbreviations for the most common tag values, you can tag an image with a few keystrokes in a matter of seconds and then view the tags in a slideshow.
With FastPhotoTagger, you can
- Set multiple images to have the same tag values
- Set individual images to have unique tag values
- Display all the metadata in an image
- Choose the metadata fields to work with
- Define abbreviations for the most common tag values
- Modify or undo tag changes before committing to image files
- View images and slideshows that display tag values as captions
- Create and search a metadata database
FastPhotoTagger has versions for PC and Android.
FastPhotoTagger uses ExifTool to read & write metadata, HyperSQL to manage its database, and dcraw to display DNG & RAW images.
- Set metadata in seconds using abbreviations for common tag values.
- Write metadata tags to any file type supported by ExifTool.
- Write non-English metadata in UTF-8 format.
- Display images from JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, DNG, and RAW file types.
- Search metadata with an easy to use visual interface.
- Quick-Start user guide.
- English, French, German, and Polish user interfaces.
This is an excellent application. I've played with lots of other metadata tagging applications and they all disappointed me as they do not let me put my metadata where I want to. FastPhotoTagger is the first one I've found that lets me manage my metadata as I want. The fact that it is a GUI for exiftool means that it inherently handles metadata reliably and 'correctly'. The combination of ease of use and configurability make it a 'killer app' for anyone like me who wants to add metadata to their photos without having to constantly wrestle with exiftool.
Genial! I was searching for this kind of tool for a while, but none of the hundreds I've tried was Ok, except FastPhotoTagger !!!