Exton|Defender SRS (version 150108 and 140403) is a Linux system available as a Live DVD (Fedora and Mageia) for repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer.
Exton|Defender is based on Fedora 21 64bit (version 150108) and Mageia 4 32bit (version 140403).
SYSTEM TOOLS INCLUDED: NTFS-3g, GParted, PartImage, Shred, Sfdisk (util-linux-ng), Rsync, Ddrescue, FSArchiver, TestDisk, Safecopy and Midnight Commander. Other programs (among many others): Google Chrome (in fc21 for running Netflix), LibreOffice, NetworkManager, Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, Samba, JDK and Java Runtime Environment (JRE), kernel headers (Fedora), Emacs and many compilation tools. Desktop environment: Cinnamon 2.4.5 (Fedora) and LXDE (Mageia). When installing to a USB pen drive: All system changes are PERSISTENT.
- Based on Fedora 21 64bit (version 150108) and Mageia 4 (version 140403)
- Desktop environments: Cinnamon 2.4.5 (Fedora) and LXDE (Mageia)
- Kernel 3.17.7 (Fedora 21) and 3.12.13 (Mageia 4)
- Google Chrome in version 150108 (fc21) - for Netflix
- Different rescue tools
- Java - JDK and JRE
- LXDE in version 140403 (Mageia 4)
- Kernel headers in (in version 140403 , Mageia 4)
- Cinnamon 2.4.5 in version 150108 fc21
Exton-defender works excellent.