Exton|Defender SRS (version 150531 and 150701) is a Linux system available as a Live DVD (Fedora 22 and Mageia 5) for repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer.
Exton|Defender is based on Fedora 22 64 bit (version 150531) and Mageia 5 32 bit (version 150701).
SYSTEM TOOLS INCLUDED: NTFS-3g, GParted, PartImage, Shred, Sfdisk (util-linux-ng), Rsync, Ddrescue, FSArchiver, TestDisk, Safecopy and Midnight Commander. Other programs (among many others): Google Chrome (in both versions for running Netflix), LibreOffice (in the Fedora version), NetworkManager, Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, Samba, JDK and Java Runtime Environment (JRE), kernel headers, Emacs and many compilation tools. Desktop environment: Cinnamon 2.4.8 (Fedora) and Cinnamon 2.4.5 (Mageia). When installing to a USB pen drive: All system changes are PERSISTENT.
- Based on Fedora 22 64bit (version 150531) and Mageia 5 (version 150701)
- Desktop environments: Cinnamon 2.4.8 (Fedora) and Cinnamon 2.4.5 (Mageia)
- Kernel 4.0.4 (Fedora 22) and 3.19.8 (Mageia 5)
- Google Chrome in both versions - for Netflix
- Different rescue tools
- LibreOffice in fc22
- Java - JDK and JRE in fc22
- Cinnamon 2.4.5 in version 150701 mga
- Kernel headers in both versions
- Cinnamon 2.4.8 in version 150531 fc22
Exton-defender works excellent.