Version 16.1/15.4 (two versions - Built 160120 and 151017) of ExTiX 64 bit is based on Debian/Ubuntu. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Unity (Ubuntu). In ExTiX I have removed Unity and installed LXQt 0.10.0 respectively KDE 4.15 together with KDE Frameworks 5.15.0 instead.
PROGRAM content etc (both versions)
Among many other programs LibreOffice, Thunderbird, GParted, Google Chrome, Brasero, SMPlayer, Gimp, Flash and win32 codecs. In addition Java and all necessary additions in order to install programs from source. Google Chrome for Netflix and BlueGriffon as Web Editor. All programs (in both versions) have been updated to the latest available version as of January 20, 2016 respectively October 17, 2015.
The password for root is root. No password is needed for the ordinary user extix.
4.4.0-0-exton is used - in version 160120.
You can run ExTiX from RAM and/or with persistence when running from a USB stick.
- KDE Frameworks 5.15.0 and KDE 4.15 instead of Unity in build 151017
- LXQt 0.10.0 instead of Unity in build 160120
- Runs from RAM - Copy to RAM - Boot alternative 3
- Based on Ubuntu 15.10 - 64 bit - and Debian 8.2/9
- All multimedia codecs are installed
- USB installation - Persistent - done in two ways
- All common KDE packages in build 151017
- Kernel 4.4.0-0-exton - Kernel.org's 4.4 - in the LXQt version
- Kernel headers
- Nvidia's proprietary driver 352.63 is installed in the LXQt version
- All necessary additions in order to install programs from source (in both versions of ExTiX)
- Live system - run it from DVD or USB
- Adobe flash
- LibreOffice in both versions of ExTiX. The whole suite in the KDE version
- Debian "Jessie" (Debian 8.2)
- ISO-hybrid - just copy the ISO file to a USB stick and run it!
- Synaptic Package Manager
- BlueGriffon Web Editor in the LXQt version. ("Dreamweaver" for Linux)
- Google Chrome - for Netflix - in both versions of ExTiX
- Samba for reaching your Windows shares
- 64 bit - both versions of ExTiX
- Kernel 4.2.0-16-exton - Kernel.org's 4.2.3 - in the KDE version
There are no 4 star reviews.