A lightweight, yet useful application that can mute the sound coming from external applications during full screen game sessions
External Muter comes in handy to any gamer that wants to mute the external sound during important game scenes, without you having to alt tab to the desktop.
With the push of a button, External Muter can mute sound coming from browser video streams, Spotify or VLC Media Player. It supports Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
*This must be installed with administrator privileges, otherwise it may not work.*
- Great for people who have multiple monitors and play a game on main monitor while watching streams/movies on the additional monitor.
- Mutes twitch.tv while in fullscreen mode games without tabbing to desktop.
- Mutes Chrome, Firefox and Explorer browser while in fullscreen mode games.
- Mutes VLC video player while in fullscreen mode game.
- Mutes Spotify while in fullscreen mode game.
- Mutes FlashPlayerPlugin_11_8_800_168 as this is the executable Firefox relies on when playing flash, unlike Chrome and Explorer which has it built in.
Be the first to post a review of External Muter!