ExcelToDss is an Excel add-in that facilitates the creation of scripts (.dss files) for the OpenDSS program. ExcelToDss generates scripts from Excel tables, which promotes the use of formulas to calculate power apparatus parameters.
To produce a solution, ExcelToDss invokes OpenDSS and imports the results back into Excel. With a single-click, all voltages, currents, powers, losses, and monitor information are made available in Excel.
ExcelToDss does not have a user interface to create power system models; instead, it requires entering data into tables.
ExcelToDss requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and OpenDSS (developed by Roger Dugan at EPRI):
For a more complete and advanced program with a rich graphical user interface and visualization capabilities, please visit DSSim-PC written by professor Davis Montenegro from Universidad de Los Andes (Bogota, Colombia):
- Create scripts (.dss files) without typing
- Send scripts directly to OpenDSS for modification
- Results automatically brought back to Excel
- Displays voltages, currents, power, losses, and monitor information with a single click
- Includes minimal library of lines and transformers; library can be grown.
- LIMITATIONS: only snapshot solution mode is supported; not all OpenDSS elements are supported. requires an installation of OpenDSS; requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or above.
Be the first to post a review of ExcelToDss!