Evo is the live CD based on Arch Linux that cannot be installed. It is simply a platform to run the net-based Lution-AIS installer.
Lution-AIS is a powerful and flexible command-line installer that downloads the latest packages from the Arch repositories during installation to provide the most up-to-date system possible. It can be used to provide just the Arch base alone, or also to provide a large choice of full desktop environments, window managers, display managers, and network managers.
- An easy way to install pure, vanilla Arch - ideal for beginners and hobbyists
- Supports UEFI and BIOS systems
- Choice of any or all seven full desktop environments and six window managers
- Choice of four network managers
- Choice of up to four display managers
- Minimalist environment provides on-line guide, GParted, and easy wireless connections
- Available for both 32 and 64 bit systems
- Also ideal as a useful utility / rescue disk for Arch and Arch based distros
Very good! After getting bored on Ubuntu, I tried many others including mint, lubuntu and LXLE. They were all prtty bloated for my liking so I wanted to try a bare bone install of maybe centOS. But after hearing things about Gentoo and Arch I wanted to try them. Gentoo's documentation was just blocks of text, and even as a "advanced" linux user for 2 years now I couldn't be bothered to do so :p. And that left me Arch, the logo is my favorite out of all the distros because of how modern and flat it looks. But once again the documentation was just WOT. This is very nice installer and can be used for even Linux first timers bacause of the simple menu. One feature that did get on my nerves was the "auto-scroll" after each time i finished a section it was annoying to say the least to have it scroll for me. Overall 9/10- easy to use easy to configure just needs to be better looking the defualt red and blue is not the most apealing colours
Great project. Thanks to devellopers. Can i install KDE5 with Evo?
Unique design for users of Arch Linux. Developers are to be congratulated.
Whether you can install Arch manually or are just learning, keep Evo/Lution in your toolbox.
Really just makes installing Arch easier.