Evince is a document viewer for multiple document formats. The goal of evince is to replace the multiple document viewers that exist on the GNOME Desktop with a single simple application.
Evince currently supports PDF, Postscript, djvu, tiff, dvi, XPS, SyncTex with gedit, comics books (cbr,cbz,cb7 and cbt), and many more.
- Integrated search displays the number of results found and highlights the results on the page.
- Thumbnails of pages show quick reference for where you'd like to go in a document.
- When index information is included in a PDF Evince will display it in a tree format.
- Using the GNOME/GTK printing framework Evince can print any document it can open
- Evince can open PDF documents that have been encrypted
- Evince implements ATK interface, so it's accessible.
Useful. Helpful. It needs a little polish that I'm sure will come along. Actually, i was looking for MHT support. With IE and the unMHT plugin for FF, it is far easier to save entire web pages as an mht archive instead of separate html and files folders. Mht can be opened by the unadorned FF, but making the files needs unMHT in FF. Thanks for your work.
In Win7Pro it can open only pdf files. No options to set the program to my needs. No option to clear the list of edited files. Installed into AppData!??
very good project, thanks!
very good program evince.mirror.