Euler is a powerful numerical software and includes Maxima for seamless symbolic computations. Euler supports Windows or Linux via Wine. Download via the links on the project homepage.
- easy to use symbolic and numerical math package
- nice graphs and other graphics in various formats
- exact computation with interval arithmetic
- web exportable notebooks with Latex formuals
- Povray, Python and C interface
- packages for optimization, numerical math, statistics, Fourier transforms and much more
Euler Math Toollbox is an excellent complement tool for mathematical work of nearly any kind
If you want something like Matlab, Maple, Mathematica, Maxima, Octave, Scilab, Freemat, Axiom, Reduce, Mupad etc ... but to have more fun, just use Euler Math Toolbox.