eTests is a PHP/MySQL web-based platform allowing to set formative evaluations using multiple choice questions. It has been developed during a Phd in education at the University of Namur, Belgium.
To the students it offers feedback and detailed results to compare with pairs. To teachers it offers a way to analyze questions, validate them, follow the classroom trends of answers, edit questions, surveys, contextualize results regarding to studies sections, period of the year, etc.
This software is actually in pre-alpha because some not essentials features are still missing.
eTests uses several opensources libraries. See the 'Credits' section in the README file.
There is no documentation for the moment. It will be done in the wiki as soon as possible.
eTests was presented at FOSDEM 2013 during a lightning talk http://youtu.be/BM0QpD86je0
- Work with multiple choice questions.
- Allows to add general answers as "everything is correct", "None is correct", "Missing datas" or "There is ambiguity in the question".
- Allows to edit personnal scales, with or without certainty levels.
- Allows connection of several users on the same screen.
- Allows to associate users to several institutions on the same instance.
- Allows evaluations live on screen, or synchronous or asynchronous record of answers from paper surveys.
- Generate pdf of surveys for paper-based evaluation.
- Allows to mix questions in different orders to avoid cheating.
- Allows student to post comments upon questions.
- Compute several edumetric indices as difficulty, discrimination, several correlation coefficients as r.bis, etc, to help teacher to analyze results.
- Allow to export results for external computing of scores or statistics.
- Allows to associate questions to tasks for the follow up of students capabilities
- Can be translated in several languages. Currently there is only french, but translators are welcome.
- 0.3.1 : Add LDAP support to automatically import users accounts
- 0.3.1 : Reports of answers are now shown in one single page
- 0.3.1 : Possibility to filter surveys and surveys instances in function ofthe associated courses
- 0.3.1 : Possibility to archive survey instances
- 0.3.1 : Start of english translation
- 0.3.1 : Add a personnal.css to simplify personnal theming modifications
There are no 3 star reviews.