ESSPEE is a derivetive of Back | Track 5, based on Ubuntu 12.04. Designed for users who wish to use only free software. It is packed with featured security tools with stable configurations. This version consolidates the Unity desktop interface; a brand new way to find and manage your applications.
Thanks to Back Track, Blackbuntu, CAINE and DEFT for inspiration.
Being a sole developer to this distro, I wish it could help Open Source community with a better interface for Penetration testing and Forensics. I really enjoyed my work for last six months.
Please let me know about bugs and if possible provide solution also.
- A Perfect Forensics Mode - Read-Only Mount
- A Perfect Stealth Mode - Networking Disabled
- Latest kernel with aufs support (Kernel 3.7.4)
- Metasploit Framework v4.6.0-dev [core:4.6 api:1.0]
- OSSEC - Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection System
- Gnome-fallback Desktop Environment.
- Gnome-Pie - All your favourite applications at single click
- Suricata - Open Source Next Generation IDS/ IPS.
- Snorby - Suricata IDS/IPS Monitoring Web Interface.
- Meld - A visual diff and merge tool for compare files and directories.
- MySQL Workbench - A visual MySQL database designing tool.
- ESSPEE Personal Firewall - Realtime Pop-up Notification. (Thanks to Leopard Flower)
- Net Activity Viewer - A graphical network connections viewer.
- LOIQ - Open source network stress testing application.
- Guymager - Forensics imaging tool (GUI)
- Ostinato - Open-source network packet crafter/traffic generator.
- FSlint - Find and clean various unwanted extraneous files.
- Ruby 1.9.3p327 (2012-11-10 revision 37606)
- Fern Wi-Fi Cracker
- Virtualbox - Create your own virtual lab
- Nemiver - A standalone graphical C and C++ debugger
- Open Audit - Network inventory, audit and management tool
- Mobile Phone Forensics tools
- Anonymity - Tor network and many more .......
Dear Users, If ESSPEE Personal Firewall blocks everything and does not allow you to go to Internet, then simply delete the existing rules file in /etc folder --> "/etc/lpfw.rules" and enjoy. Thereafter. You can add your own rules. Thanks
The R1 version was excellent, and I'm now trying the R2. I have tried every penetration distro I can, and ESSPEE is the best. There has been a lot of work on this project, and I have not been disappointed.
esspee is small and works nicely
Hei I just installed R2, i'm not sure about your ESSPEE-R2-x86.tar.gz, do i need to do "Kernel Compilation on Ubuntu" as you instruct in the file or it's already done by default in the Live DVD R2 iso file ?
hi admin of ESSPEE please fix this problem about >> User and screen login<< user is alway Guest and the user standard alway come back when i reboot or restart. please just make it become alway root. and screen login is my name i crated when i install ESSPEE but still login with "toor" that all the problem > other thing is Hugs memory but it'ok because this distro for Desktop and it so powerful for desktop that the point it different with other distro. and i love it and i keep to using it >> please update the problem it would like to use this distro forever.. thank for Grate distro .//